With Valentine’s day around the corner, here are 13 of the best vegan fine dining restaurants. Across the globe, vegan fine dining is gaining popularity. Sophisticated high-end cuisine comes in multiple courses, and is often accompanied by vegan wine. Here are the top 13 vegan fine-dining restaurants around the world.
1. The Ravens, Mendocino, California. This restaurant is part of the Stanford Inn Eco-Resort. It is known for its organic wines and sustainable ingredients like sea palm.
2. Stem + Glory, London, UK. This spot has a few “best restaurant” titles under its belt. Try the Singapore ‘Crab’ Salad with tofu-based vegan crabmeat, or the Flamingo Rendang with wild pink oyster ‘flamingo’ mushrooms.
3. Avant Garden, New York City, New York. This spot is loved by vegans and meat-eaters. Created by New York City restaurateur Ravi De Rossi, dishes like the Calasparra rice paella do not disappoint.
4. Casa Planta, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. Vegan celebrity chef Matthew Kenney is set to open his latest venture in early 2020. The menu will feature raw vegan cuisine made from the fresh aromatic fruits and vegetables that Costa Rica has to offer.
5. Mozaic, Ubud, Bali. According to Mozaic, it has a reputation for serving some of the best vegan and vegetarian food in Ubud. Though the restaurant itself is not fully vegan, they offer a six to eight-course tasting menu for vegans and vegetarians and all meals are made fresh to order.
6. Kopps, Berlin, Germany. One of Berlin’s 80 vegan restaurants, Kopps offers a high-end atmosphere and dishes like a grilled artichoke with vegan caviar.
7. Planta, Toronto, Canada. At Planta Yorkville, located on Bay Street, the menu replaces meat with appropriately textured vegetables. The “crab” cakes are made from palm hearts and a “tuna” tartare-style dish is made from beetroot and served with avocado chutney.
8. Paperbark, Sydney, Australia. Paperbark specializes in creating dishes from native Australian ingredients, such as wattle seeds and pepper berries.
9. Browns Bonds Hill, Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland. Though not a vegan restaurant, Browns Bonds Hill offers a luxurious seven-course vegan tasting menu.
10. Sprig and Vine, New Hope, Pennsylvania. Using the freshest, organic ingredients, the Sprig and Vine creates elaborate dishes such as edamame falafel with lemon kosho tahini and beet and lemon-almond ricotta ravioli.
11. 416, Tel Aviv, Israel. The restaurant offers chef-operated fine dining, and also has a cocktail bar. It is famous for its vegan seitan steak.
12. Plant, Food + Wine, Venice Beach, California. Another Matthew Kenney restaurant, Plant, Food + Wine in Venice, California has a wide selection of locally-sourced, beautifully presented plant-based dishes. 13. 13. Växthuset, Stockholm, Sweden. Upmarket Växthuset in Sweden’s capital Stockholm makes all its vegan dishes from seasonal ingredients and all of its wines are handcrafted.