These raw, vegan macaroons are great for hormone balance, increasing energy, and adrenal health.
Macaroons make for tasty treats that look really cute, too.
All the coconut in these provides healthy fats, which is good for your hormone balance, skin, and energy levels.
Once you’ve made the base, you can choose which superfoods you want to add based on your preference or what you happen to have on hand.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Melted vegan chocolate for dipping (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 4 drops peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon astragalus
- To make the base, place the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir in the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. (If the coconut oil is hard at room temperature, gently melt it over low heat or in a hot water bath.)
- Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add your chosen flavor variation and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into 2-inch balls.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet or tray and place in the freezer for 20 minutes or more.
- Transfer the firm balls to an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer for a couple of weeks.
This rich, chocolately, decadent raw vegan hazelnut cheesecake makes any dinner table an epic party. It will figuratively blow your mind with its to-die-for deliciousness.
Not a chocoholic? No problem. Try this antioxidant-rich vegan coconut cheesecake with matcha green tea. It’s dairy-free dessert at it’s finest. It’s perfect for those who are matcha-obsessed, which, to be frank, is the whole of Instagram.
Just when you thought the words raw, vegan, and caramel slice didn’t belong in the same sentence, the dreamiest recipe of sweet toothed foodie heaven was born. Caramel bars that melt in your mouth, have a high protein content, and require no baking, are just what you need to satiate the chocolate cravings at any time of the day.
You can even whip up a light lunch, appetizer, or dinner with raw, vegan ingredients. The walnut meat and sriracha flavor profile complements the taco shells.
And, since we’re talking raw vegan, go all the way. Take your bagel game to new, unrelenting heights, with no cook dairy-free cream cheese. It’s made with just seven vegan ingredients.
We get it. Raw vegan food isn’t for everyone. But if you’re looking to embrace your inner spice girl turned fashion empress, Victoria Beckham, look no further. She celebrated a recent birthday with a raw vegan watermelon cake and inevitably, the raw vegan surge commenced.
This recipe was republished with permission from “Super Powders: Adaptogenic Herbs and Mushrooms for Energy, Beauty, Mood, and Well-Being.”