[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text]
You know you’ve made it as an adult when no one stops you eating ice cream for breakfast – Ironically as you get older you become more aware of the health implications that come with such decisions.
Thankfully, some sweet-toothed genius came up with a healthy alternative making it a perfectly acceptable option every day..
Here is a simple recipe for Banana & Strawberry ‘Nice-cream’ which you can enjoy as frequently as you wish.
Banana & Strawberry Nice-Cream
– 4 medium frozen bananas
– 1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries
– 1/2 cup of almond & coconut milk (or other dairy free milk)
– 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Take bananas and strawberries out of the freezer
- Set bananas aside to thaw for a few minutes
- (Not shown here, but peanuts, almonds or pistachios are a great addition and if you want to blitz them from whole then this is the part where you would do so – leaving some aside to sprinkle on top at the end)
- Place strawberries in the blender and add a dash of water to help smooth out the consistency to resemble soft-serve ice cream
- Pulse the blender on a high power setting if you have the option to – this will prevent the strawberries from oxidising so much and potentially tasting bitter
- Once smooth, empty the contents in to a bowl and store in the fridge to slow down the melting process
- Add the bananas to the blender – by this point they should still be frozen but not rock solid. I usually freeze my bananas when their skins are spotting and have them cut in to 1-2 inch chunks so the machine has a little less work to do
- Pour in the dairy free milk (Silk Almond Vanilla works really well with this recipe)
- Pulse ingredients until smooth as before
- Empty the banana ice cream directly on top of the strawberry sorbet mix and use a chopstick to swirl
- Garnish with desiccated coconut
- Eat until your heart’s content or until brain freeze stops you
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_social_media_follow _builder_version=”3.0.53″ saved_tabs=”all” link_shape=”circle” url_new_window=”on” follow_button=”on” background_layout=”light” global_module=”4820″] [et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”facebook” skype_action=”call” url=”https://www.facebook.com/livekindlyco/” bg_color=”#3b5998″]
[/et_pb_social_media_follow_network][et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”twitter” skype_action=”call” url=”https://twitter.com/livekindlyco” bg_color=”#00aced”]
[/et_pb_social_media_follow_network][et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”instagram” skype_action=”call” url=”https://www.instagram.com/livekindlyco/” bg_color=”#517fa4″]