We don’t celebrate Christmas much in our family and every year I am more put off by the commercialization of the holiday, but I do really love cooking to a theme and Christmas desserts are pretty great!
I decided to adapt my recipe for vegan chocolate fudge and add some peppermint to make it Christ-massy. It turned out really delicious and its a very simple recipe with only six or so ingredients. Nice and quick to whip up, provided you have a good blender or your cashews are pre-soaked.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of cacao butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- cacao nibs for garnish
- Melt the cacao butter in small saucepan over low heat. You can use a double boiler if you wish. Set aside to cool.
- In the mean time blend cashews, cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla in a high-speed blender for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the melted cacao butter and blend again until mixed through.
- Pour mixture into a lined square baking dish and smooth out with spatula.
- Sprinkle over some cacao nibs for garnish.
- Place in the freezer to set. At least 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cut into fudge squares. Can be stored in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
This recipe was republished with permission from Hazel and Cacao.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!