[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.69″]
A personal favourite of time, this soup is easy to make and equally tasty. When I think of soup, broccoli always comes to mind and this broccoli soup is always a hit due to it being the perfect combination of creamy, nutty and nutritious!
This soup is sure to earn a place in your comfort food recipe vault. It’s a classic on those days when you’re feeling a bit sniffly – its warmth is soothing for sore throats and the broccoli packs it with vitamin C to help you feel better sooner!
Broccoli and Almond Soup
Serves 6 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time 30 minutes
700 g broccoli
1 tbsp coconut oil1 medium onion (or 3 shallots)
60 g ground almonds
700 ml vegetable stock
300 ml almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
salt and pepper to season
For the topping
1 tsp dairy-free spread
4 tbsp almond flakes
- Break the broccoli into florets and chop the stem into chunks, set aside. Dice the onions.
- Saute the onions in the coconut oil in a large sauce pan over a medium heat until the onions start to turn translucent. Add the broccoli and stir to coat in the oil.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and ground almonds, stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend all the cooked ingredients in batches until smooth.
- While the soup is blending, melt the dairy-free spread over a low heat then fry the almond flakes until they are slightly brown. Remove from the pan immediately or they will start to burn.
- Return the soup to the sauce pan, add the almond milk, then stir to combine and warm over a medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer soup to serving dishes and top with almond flakes.
In this recipe I have used almond milk to give it an extra nutty flavour, that said, if you prefer cooking with a different milk then feel free to swap it out, the soup will still turn out scrummy. If you want a creamier, thicker consistency then you can use full-fat coconut milk.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_social_media_follow _builder_version=”3.0.53″ saved_tabs=”all” link_shape=”circle” url_new_window=”on” follow_button=”on” background_layout=”light” global_module=”4820″] [et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”facebook” skype_action=”call” url=”https://www.facebook.com/livekindlyco/” bg_color=”#3b5998″]
[/et_pb_social_media_follow_network][et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”twitter” skype_action=”call” url=”https://twitter.com/livekindlyco” bg_color=”#00aced”]
[/et_pb_social_media_follow_network][et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”instagram” skype_action=”call” url=”https://www.instagram.com/livekindlyco/” bg_color=”#517fa4″]