This caramelized banana oatmeal is SO delicious and creamy, it will be the only thing getting you out of bed in the morning.
It’s gluten-free, oh-so-sweet (if you want it to be), melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and ready in under 30 minutes (maybe even 20 if you push it)!
This easy vegan banana oatmeal will warm you up of a morning and get you ready for the day. It’s my all time favorite breakfast recipe!
This creamy oatmeal is vegan and gluten-free
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups plant milk or water
- 2 bananas, sliced into disks
- 1–2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add the oats and plant milk or water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add cinnamon and vanilla and let simmer until thickened.
- While the oatmeal is cooking, add the coconut oil and 2 tbsp maple syrup to a large saute pan. Once it is sizzling, add in the sliced bananas.
- Cook on each side for about 3-5 minutes, or until nice and golden brown.
- When the oatmeal is done, stir in the final 2 tbsp of maple syrup (optional) and top with bananas.
- Top with an extra pinch of cinnamon, crushed walnuts, pecans, or nut butter and enjoy.
Want more recipes like this? This Berry Lazy Oatmeal is super quick to make. Protein-rich oats kickstart your day and the fruity flavors of blueberries, strawberries, and raisins, along with nutritious seeds, make this recipe a new weekday go-to.
Or try this orange and persimmon quinoa porridge. It’s packed with protein and iron – 24g and 9mg respectively – and helps you get creative in the kitchen by swapping out standard oats for quinoa. It’s soft, creamy, and doesn’t fall apart like oats sometimes do.
For more breakfast inspiration, these blueberry pancakes are perfect for Sunday mornings. They’re made with oats, vegan milk, bananas, and blueberries and can be served with coconut yogurt and maple syrup, or any other ingredient you fancy.
Combining breakfast with dessert, you might like these vegan chocolate chip pancakes. They’re made with zucchini, so you get a little health boost at the start of your day, and can be topped with almond butter, maple syrup, frozen berries, or pitted medjool dates.
For some savory satisfaction, check out this plant-based green eggs and ham recipe (which includes actual vegan green eggs). The recipe uses thinly sliced, oven-baked red potatoes in place of ham, but you could also opt for vegan ham instead. Spinach, tofu, onion, and garlic make this dish great to look at but even better to eat.
Green eggs not your thing? Maybe these vegan crepes with ice cream will be. The ice cream, or “nice cream,” is made with frozen bananas and cacao powder. The recipe also features cookie dough made from chickpeas, almond butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon, because why not? Grab your apron and go!
This recipe was republished with permission from Eat With Clarity.