Sometimes you just want something simple, fresh, and super nourishing. This Thai green curry-inspired summer salad bowl ticks all the boxes using crisp seasonal veggies. Fresh herbs and flavors like lemongrass, coconut, lime, cilantro. and basil tantalize the senses. And the culinary experience is made complete by devouring the crisp cabbage bowl.
Easy Thai’grrr Bowl
- 1 package Fry’s Plant-Based Prawn-Style Pieces, cooked following package instructions
Jay’s Thai green paste
- 3-6 Thai green chilis, based on desired heat
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped (tender stems only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger or galangal, skinned and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1 sheet nori
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 4 dried Makrut lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 2/3 cup 200 milliliters coconut cream
- 8 baby or 4 large savoy cabbage leaves, gently peeled to create bowls and washed
- 1 cup jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons black and white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup edamame, washed and steamed
- 4 1/2 ounces 130 grams broccolini, washed and steamed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 ounces 100 grams baby corn, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces 100 grams coconut flakes, toasted (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1-2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1-2 Thai green chilis, deseeded and chopped (optional)
JAY’S THAI GREEN PASTE
In a blender, add 1/4 cup water, green chilis, shallots, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, tamarind paste, nori, lime juice, cilantro, basil, lime leaves, and soy sauce. Blend until smooth, adding more water if needed.
Taste and add more soy sauce, lime, or chili, to taste. Transfer into a lidded container and store in the fridge for up to one month.
In a blender, add 1 tablespoon Jay’s Thai green paste and coconut cream and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Place the savoy cabbage “bowls” on plates. Top each with jasmine rice, sesame seeds, edamame, broccolini, bell pepper, baby corn, Fry’s Plant-Based Prawn-Style Pieces, peanuts, and coconut flakes.
Drizzle each bowl with green curry dressing and garnish with cilantro, basil, scallions, and chilis.
Replace coconut flakes with fresh pineapple chunks or lychee, if you prefer. Add avocado slices and flax oil for additional healthy oils.
Special Equipment: blender