Fry’s Big Fry Burger with a gochujang BBQ sauce, rainbow slaw, mayo, and kimchi.
Korean BBQ Burger with Kimchi
- 2 packages Fry’s Family The Big Fry Burgers
- 1 tablespoon 15 milliliters olive oil
- 1/4 cup 60 milliliters gochujang paste
- 2 tablespoons 30 grams brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon 15 milliliters soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon 15 milliliters rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon 15 milliliters sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon 15 grams chopped ginger
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon 5 grams finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup 125 grams green cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup 125 grams purple cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup 125 grams carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons 30 milliliters vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 30 grams cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon 15 grams pickled ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon 15 grams toasted sesame seeds
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Vegan mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- A handful of mixed lettuce, to serve
- Kimchi, to serve
In a small pot over medium heat, add gochujang, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, lime zest and juice, and garlic. Whisk to combine and cook until heated through.
In a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil. Fry the Big Fry Burgers, 3 minutes per side.
Lower heat to medium and brush each side with the BBQ sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
In a large bowl, toss together cabbages, carrot, mayonnaise, cilantro, pickled ginger, and sesame seeds.
Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cover and keep in the refrigerator until needed.
Smear mayonnaise on both sides of the buns. Top with lettuce leaves, rainbow slaw, The Big Fry Burgers, and kimchi. Drizzle with extra BBQ sauce.