We leaned on Like Chicken to recreate a classic Florentine with a plant-based cream sauce flavored with white wine and spinach. The addition of pasta makes it a quick and simple meal.
Like Chicken Florentine Pasta
- 1 package LikeMeat Like Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 3/4 cup plant-based heavy cream (like cashew or soy)
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 10 ounces pappardelle or tagliatelle pasta, cooked (See Chef’s Note)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted, for garnish
- Plant-based parmesan-style cheese, grated, for garnish
In a large frying pan over medium heat, add Like Chicken and olive oil. Cook until golden brown on all sides, 4-5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add wine and simmer until reduced by half.
Add spinach and toss until wilted.
Stir in cream and basil.
Add pasta and toss until evenly coated with sauce. Add reserved pasta water as needed to thin sauce.
To serve, sprinkle pasta with pine nuts and cheese.
Save a cup of the pasta cooking water to help thicken the sauce.