You won’t miss the pasta sauce in this bright and flavorful Mediterranean spaghetti. It’s a warm and hearty (thanks to Oumph! The Chunks) meal that can double as a cold pasta salad.
Mediterranean Spaghetti with Crispy Oumph!
- 1 package Oumph! The Chunks, frozen
- 10 ounces 300 grams dried spaghetti
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 cup 280 grams artichokes in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup 180 grams jarred roasted peppers, roughly chopped (about 3 whole peppers)
- 1/2 cup 60 grams capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (about 1 pepper)
- 1/2 cup 30 grams fresh basil leaves, whole (about 5 sprigs)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup 35 grams vegan hard cheese, grated or shaved (optional)
Fill a large pot with water and salt well to taste. Bring to a boil, add the spaghetti, and cook according to the package instructions until al dente (just tender with a little bite in the center). Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water.
Heat a large frying pan over high heat, add the oil, and when hot, add Oumph! The Chunks in an even layer. Cook without moving, until lightly browned on one side, 2-3 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook until browned and crispy all over, 2-3 minutes.
In a large serving bowl, add the cooked Oumph! The Chunks, artichokes, roasted peppers, capers, jalapeño, basil, and zest and juice of lemon. Mix well to combine.
Add the spaghetti and reserved pasta cooking water. Toss and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and top with hard cheese.
This pasta can also be served cold as a pasta salad. Feel free to substitute with any fresh or dried chilis or herbs.