We recreated ćevapi, a Southeastern European grilled sausage, using Oumph! Mince.
Oumph! Ćevapi Skewers with Spicy Relish and Grilled Lemon
- 1 package Oumph! Mince
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons 20 milliliters soy sauce
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup 120 milliliters vegan yogurt
- 2 tablespoons 25 grams flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 large pita or flatbreads, warmed
- 1 1/4 cups 300 milliliters ajvar relish (See Chef’s Note)
- Vegan yogurt, to serve
- Flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to serve
- Spring onion, finely chopped, to serve
- 2 lemons, halved and grilled, to serve
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
In a medium bowl, combine Oumph! Mince, garlic, soy sauce, thyme, oregano, cumin, and black pepper until soft and malleable.
Equally divide and shape onto 8 skewers.
Grill until lightly charred and warmed through, about 3 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, parsley, and spring onion.
Smear ajvar relish on each pita bread. Top with yogurt sauce and a skewer. Drizzle with more yogurt sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and spring onions and serve with grilled lemons.
Ajvar is a Serbian roasted red pepper and eggplant relish. Store-bought jarred ajvar can be found either mild or spicy.
Special Equipment: 8 wooden or metal skewers, grill