This is a meat-free version of a classic chili spiced with lots of peppers: jalapeños, chipotle, cayenne, and bell peppers. Feel free to adjust the spice-level based on your own taste preferences. Note that the jalapeños go into the chili whole!
Oumph! Chili Sin Carne
- 1 package Oumph! Mince
- 3 tablespoons 15 milliliters plant-based cooking oil
- 1 3/4 cup 400 grams canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup 250 milliliters tamari
- 1 cube plant-based stock bouillon
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeño peppers, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon 2.5 grams ground cumin
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of ground chipotle peppers
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- Optional accompaniments: tortillas, tacos, guacamole, crème fraîche, salsa, lime wedges, or cilantro.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, add oil and Oumph! Mince. Cook until golden brown. Set aside.
In a large pot, add tomatoes, tamari, stock bouillon, bell peppers, garlic, jalapeño peppers, cumin, thyme, cayenne pepper, oregano, chipotle peppers, and black pepper. Cook for 20 minutes, adding a little water if it thickens too much.
Add cooked Oumph! Mince into the chili and stir until combined and warmed through.
Serve with optional accompaniments.