Making waffles with mac ‘n cheese creates crispy, crusty edges of cheese with a gooey and soft core. We topped these waffles with Oumph! Pulled to get a satisfying meal.
Oumph! Mac ‘n Cheese Waffle Slider
- 1 package Oumph! Pulled, defrosted and warmed
- Non-stick spray, for waffle maker
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 1/2 cup 100 grams vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 1/4 cups 150 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups 150 grams nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 7 ounces 200 grams vegan cheese, grated
- 10 1/2 ounces 300 grams elbow macaroni, cooked
- Vegan mayonnaise, to serve
- Lettuce leaves, to serve
Preheat waffle maker and spray with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk 1/2 cup (100 milliliters) water, vegetable stock powder, cream cheese, and tomato puree. Whisk in flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, paprika, and turmeric powder.
Fold in cheese and macaroni.
Cook waffles until golden brown, 1/3 cup at a time, about 5 minutes each.
Build sliders by topping waffles with Oumph! Pulled, a drizzle of mayonnaise, and lettuce leaves.
Special Equipment: waffle maker
This recipe was tested using a standard-sized Swedish heart-shaped waffle iron. American or Belgian irons look different. Simply try it out!