Tikka masala is an Indian spiced curry with garam masala, tomatoes, and cream (we use coconut cream to make it plant-based).
Oumph! Tikka Masala
- 1 package Oumph! The Chunk
- 3 tablespoons 50 grams plant-based margarine
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch 3-centimeter piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 3/4 cups 400 grams coconut cream
- 1 3/4 cups 400 grams canned diced tomatoes
- 4 green cardamom pods
- Salt, to taste
- 1 lime
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Basmati rice, cooked with 2 cardamom pods, to serve
- Cilantro, chopped, to serve
In a large pot over medium heat, add margarine, onion, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper. Fry, stirring frequently.
Add garam masala, vegetable stock powder, and tomato paste. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in coconut cream, diced tomatoes, and cardamom pods. Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and lime juice.
Add Oumph! The Chunk and continue simmering for 5-8 minutes.
Add chopped tomatoes and bell peppers. Cook for 2 minutes.
Serve over cooked rice and sprinkle with cilantro.