Delicious waffles drizzled with golden or maple syrup served with crunchy Fry’s Family Chicken-Style Nuggets. This is the ultimate comfort food, with the option of making it hot and spicy!
Plant-Based Chicken and Waffles
- 1 package Fry’s Family Chicken-Style Nuggets, cooked according to the package instructions
- Non-stick spray, for waffle maker
- 2 cups 260 grams cake flour
- 1/4 cup 50 grams brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons 8 grams baking powder
- 2 cups 500 milliliters coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons 45 milliliters sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon 2.5 grams ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon 1.5 grams salt
- Vegan butter, melted, for brushing
Hot & spicy syrup
- 1/2 cup 125 milliliters golden or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon 15 milliliters coconut oil
Preheat waffle maker and spray with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, coconut milk, oil, cinnamon, and salt. If needed, add up to 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) water. Do not overmix (lumps are okay).
Cook waffles in the waffle maker, about 1/4 cup at a time. Lightly brush with butter once cooked. Stack to keep warm.
HOT & SPICY SYRUP
In a small pot over medium heat, add syrup, hot sauce, and coconut oil. Remove from heat as soon as it comes up to a boil.
Top waffles with Chicken-Style Nuggets and drizzle with syrup.
Special Equipment: waffle maker