This is a lunch-worthy meal with a preparation that is quick and low-mess. We lean on Pulled Oumph! for that braised-all-day flavor in a sub and pantry shortcuts you should not be afraid to take, like mayo, Sriracha, crispy onions, and store-bought kimchi.
Pulled Oumph! Sub with Kimchi
- 2 packages Pulled Oumph!, frozen
- 1/4 cup 60 milliliters plant-based mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 2 large baguettes (about 24 inches long), sliced lengthwise, quartered, and cut-side toasted
- 1 cup 200 grams store-bought vegan kimchi (see Chef’s Notes)
- 1/2 cup 30 grams crispy onions or shallots (optional)
- 1 ounce 30 grams fresh cilantro (about 25 sprigs)
In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise and Sriracha. Set aside.
In a medium frying pan over medium heat, heat oil until hot and add Pulled Oumph! Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1-2 teaspoons of water if it starts to stick and burn.
Spread one side of each baguette with Sriracha mayo and top with Pulled Oumph!, kimchi, crispy onions, and cilantro.
Feel free to replace the Sriracha mayo with a shop-bought vegan spicy mayonnaise. If you can’t find vegan kimchi (regular kimchi may contain anchovies or shrimp), make a speedy alternative: thinly shred 1/8 head fresh red or white cabbage with a sharp knife or mandoline, toss with juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes, and salt to taste.