These Sticky Smokehouse Oumph! or “ribs” are served with my vegan “egg” fried rice. It is a match made in the kitchen heaven! Leftover rice never looked so good.
Sticky “Ribs” and Fried Rice
- 1 package Oumph! Sticky Smokehouse Ribs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup 140 grams mixed frozen vegetables
- 1/5 cup 50 grams firm fresh tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon kala namak salt (see Chef’s Note)
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup 110 grams white rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Squeeze of lime, more for garnish
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 spring onions, cut into 2-inch slices, for garnish
- Cilantro, chopped
Preheat wok over medium heat and add the olive oil and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the aroma is present.
Increase heat to high heat and add the frozen vegetables and tofu. Season with salt, curry powder, and turmeric powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Fold in the cooked rice and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes to incorporate all the ingredients together. The rice will take on the saffron color of the turmeric.
Season with soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, and white pepper, to taste. Add the butter and stir-fry for 2 minutes. The butter will lend the rice a nice sheen.
Cook the Sticky Smokehouse Oumph! according to package instructions. Serve alongside the “egg” fried rice, garnished with spring onions, cilantro, and a wedge of lime.
Kala namak salt is also known as Indian black salt. It tastes like eggs.
Special Equipment: wok