A fish-free take on Baja tacos with a vegan chipotle cashew cream that will become a household favorite.
Vegan Fish Tacos with Cashew Cream
- 2 packages Fry’s Family Fish-Style Fillets, cooked according to package instructions
Chipotle cashew cream
- 1 cup 150 grams raw cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon 2.5 grams garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon 2.5 grams smoked paprika
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 tablespoons 15-30 milliliters Tabasco Chipotle (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 soft corn tacos, warmed
- 2 cobs corn, charred and remove corn off cob
- 1/2 cup 125 grams red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup 125 grams romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup 100 grams baby tomatoes, quartered
- 1 14.5-ounce 1 410-gram can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, chopped, to serve
- 2 limes, quartered, to serve
CHIPOTLE CASHEW CREAM
In a medium bowl, add cashews and 2 cups (500 milliliters) of boiling water. Let steep for 2 hours.
Drain cashews and transfer into a food processor with garlic powder, paprika, zest and juice of lime, and Tabasco.
Process until smooth, adding more water as needed, to loosen the mixture.
Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Divide corn, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, and avocado among the tacos. Top with Fish-Style Fillets and drizzle with chipotle cashew cream. Sprinkle with spring onions, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Special Equipment: food processor