Just yummy…a simple, quick dish to please sceptical meat-eaters and just about anyone. You can pad this out with extra salad etc or just increase the amount of wraps per person for a quick but filling meal. If you don’t fancy wraps, try using a whole grain such as brown rice, quinoa or a mixture. Make the grains from scratch – or just open one of those very convenient pouches of cooked grains that are everywhere now – Uncle Ben, Tilda, Merchant Gourmet and most supermarket own brands sell a good selection.
If you aren’t keen on vegan meats, use the tofu pieces. However, seitan/gluten ‘wheat meat’ has been used in Asia for thousands of years and is tasty, low fat and full of protein – give it a try unless you’re truly allergic!
Viva! is Europe’s largest vegan campaigning charity which educates people about the realities of factory farming and how it impacts our health, the planet and animals. Vegan Recipe Club is part of our project to make going and staying vegan really easy by providing over 600 tried and tested delicious recipes from beginner right up to gourmet, including contributions from top vegan chefs/restaurants around the UK!
- 1 pack of Cauldron marinated tofu pieces
- 1 pack of VBites Chicken-style pieces
- Fry's Chicken-Style Strips (cooked)
- Granovita Mock Duck (Holland & Barrett and other health food shops) OR Oriental supermarket mock chicken/duck, e.g. Rolin, Mong Lee Shang or Companion brands, drained and thinly sliced
- 100 grams/generous 3 ounes of drained and thinly-sliced seitan, e.g. Yakso or Lima. Sold in jars in health food shops or as 'gluten' in Oriental supermarkets
- 1 avocado, sliced/cubed
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise, e.g. Plamil or Mayola mixed with 1 tablespoon dairy-free plain yoghurt (eg Alpro, Provamel or Tesco)
- Drizzle of lime or lemon juice
- Black pepper
- 4 wraps (preferably wholemeal)
- In a bowl, mix your chosen chicken replacement with the avocado, tomatoes and the mayonnaise/yoghurt mixture so everything is well-coated. Drizzle with the lime or lemon juice.
- Season well with black pepper.
- Spread the 4 wraps out, put one quarter of the filling inside each one and fold it over.
- If transporting, wrap in foil or place in a sealed plastic box.
This recipe was republished with permission from Viva! Vegan Recipe Club.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!