Pea soup with a kick!
High in protein and fibre, this pea soup is an easy fix for a lazy but nutritious meal. This recipe is beyond simple to make and ridiculously cheap too. There’s lots of great stuff in this green bowl of goodness; fibre, protein, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, iron, and zinc, just to mention a few!
This subtly spiced soup is tasty hot or chilled, go wherever the mood takes you!
CURRIED PEA SOUP
Feeds 3 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
- 400 g frozen garden peas
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilli
- Dice the onion, garlic and green chilli, then saute in coconut oil over a medium heat under the onions turn translucent. Add the curry powder and stir to coat.
- Stir in vegetable stock and turn up the heat and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add in the frozen peas and stir to combine. Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer solids to a blender and 100 ml of the liquid, blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into the pan with the remaining liquids and stir over a low heat.
- Add the coconut milk and stir until combined.
- Serve topped with Alpro Simply Plain or Creamy Oat Fraiche and season with black pepper.
Why not double the recipe and freeze some for when you’re feeling extra lazy![/et_pb_text][et_pb_social_media_follow _builder_version=”3.0.53″ saved_tabs=”all” link_shape=”circle” url_new_window=”on” follow_button=”on” background_layout=”light” global_module=”4820″] [et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”facebook” skype_action=”call” url=”https://www.facebook.com/livekindlyco/” bg_color=”#3b5998″]