A few new twists on our old deluxe quiche recipe to make it super delicious. If you’d like a gluten-free base then check out the recipe here. Easy, simple, dairy-free, egg-free, and so tasty… This vegan tomato and cheese quiche is definitely a crowd pleaser. Viva! is Europe’s largest vegan campaigning charity which educates people about the realities of factory farming and how it impacts our health, the planet and animals. Vegan Recipe Club is part of our project to make going and staying vegan really easy by providing over 600 tried and tested delicious recipes from beginner right up to gourmet, including contributions from top vegan chefs/restaurants around the UK!
- 1 block Jus Rol shortcrust pastry (or other vegan, supermarket own brand, check ingredients). See this recipe for gluten-free pastry option.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g/1¾ cups firm tofu
- 225 grams/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon savoury vegan cream cheese (eg Sheese, Tofutti, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Koko, Violife)
- 125 milliliter/½ cup unsweetened plant milk (eg soya, almond, or oat)
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs or 1 tablespoon fresh of your choice (eg parsley, basil, oregano, chives)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon vegan syrup e.g. maple or agave
- ¼-½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1½ teaspoons salt (or add more to taste)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 200 grams/2 cups grated vegan melty/pizza cheese (eg Violife, Cheezly, Sheese, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Vegusto, Daiya)
- Roll out the pastry block to fit a large flan dish (diameter about 25-28 centimeters/10-11 inches). Spread around evenly with your thumb and fingers.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat oven to 190˚Celsuis/375˚Fahrenheit/Gas Mark 5.
- Fry the onion in 2 teaspoons oil for around 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and then fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli florets for around 3-5 minutes until just slightly crunchy, not soft.
- Blend the cream cheese, tofu, plant milk, Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, syrup, turmeric, salt, and pepper until fairly smooth. Stir in the herbs so they're evenly distributed.
- Arrange the broccoli, tomato slices and onion/garlic mix around the pastry case, evenly.
- Pour the filling mixture on top, distributing it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the melty vegan cheese on the top. Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until firm in the middle. Check after 35 minutes, as the time will vary depending on your oven.
- Allow to cool a little before cutting and serving.
This recipe was republished with permission from Viva! Vegan Recipe Club.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!