1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, Indian black salt, and
black pepper until combined. Pour vegetable broth into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
2. Divide the mixture between 4 sealable sandwich bags.
3. Place ½ cup (75 g) of asparagus, ¼ cup (10 g) of spinach, 2 tablespoons (15 g) of vegan Cheddar shreds (if using), and 1 tablespoon (7 g) of shallots into each bag. These bags can be stored in the refrigerator or an iced cooler for up to 1 week, or move on to preparing the omelets.
4. When you are ready to prepare an omelet, warm a pan or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium heat. Spray the pan with a thin layer of cooking oil. Once it is hot, shake the omelet bag vigorously. Pour the mixture into the pan and cook on one side for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
5. Flip one half over onto the other half and cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer to serving plate.
6. Repeat the cooking process with remaining bags, when ready, and serve hot.
Pro Tip: If you have the space and aren’t worried about weight, you can bottle these omelets up in 12 ounce (355 ml) mason jars.
To LIVEKINDLY means to live in a way which shows appreciation to our humanity, our home and those who share it with us.
Inspired by the notion that mother nature’s intricate design is arguably flawless, the LK community have come together to build a home for informative and thought-provoking content, focusing on sustainable and compassionate living.
If you’d like to get more involved and support our mission, you can donate here, or apply to become a contributor here.