Easy Vegan Cheesy Battered Cauliflower Bites
Batter and bake. Seriously simple.
This recipe is vegan and oil free as well as hella high in fibre, vitamin C, and potassium.
Feel free to experiment with different spices, dipping sauces (optional) and even veggies. I imagine this recipe works well with broccoli florets as well.
Serve as an appetizer, a side to vegan burgers or dogs, or eat them all by themselves!
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cups soy milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used sriracha salt for an extra kick)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- freshly cracked black pepper to-taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line baking pan with parchment paper or tin foil
- Combine flour, milk, spices, mix well in a large bowl
- Add florets and stir, stir, stir until each piece is evenly coated in batter
- Place coated florets onto baking pan
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through baking time
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes
- Enjoy! You can eat as is, or dip in your favourite sauce (plum works well with these bites!)
This recipe was republished with permission from Nikki Hurst, RHN.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!