It is hard to believe that the holidays are already upon us. And with friends and family coming together, there will be many meals that are shared and enjoyed! If you don’t know what to make for a hungry crowd at breakfast yet, why not try pancakes? They are hearty and filling and oh so comforting.
And while you’re at it, why not make them vegan? Pancakes are easy to make and creating them without dairy and eggs is super simple. These not only make a delicious breakfast, but they are also ideal for a cozy dinner too. And pancakes are so simple to make, even the kids can help out to create this tasty meal.
Here is a basic recipe for vegan pancakes and some great ways to spice them up for the holidays!
Festive Vegan Fruitcake Pancakes With Dried Fruits and Nuts
- Your Basic Vegan Pancake Recipe:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk substitute such as almond, soy or coconut milk
- Holiday Add-Ons:
- vegan chocolate chips
- dried cranberries
- fresh peaches
- almond slices
- walnut pieces
- and just about anything else you choose!
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt with a fork.
- Add non-dary milk of your choice, stir until batter forms and no large lumps remain.
- Grease griddle or fry pan with a light coating of vegetable oil.
- Heat over medium for 1-2 minutes.
- Drop pancake batter by the 1/4 cup.
- Flip once small bubbles appear on top (1-2 minutes).
- Cook 1-2 minutes on other side.
- Remove from pan and serve on your favorite plate.
- Add your choice of holiday toppings.
This recipe was republished with permission from VIVA GLAM Magazine.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!