I’ve been meaning to make Nutella cookies for the longest time. The reason it’s taken so long is because, as you may know from many of my previous posts, I really struggled making hazelnut butter at home. I also struggled to find hazelnut butter to buy! But thankfully as of very recently, that problem has resolved and I now have hazelnut butter on me at all times (even if it costs me $18 a jar).
As soon as I decided on my favourite Nutella recipe I knew exactly how I wanted to make these cookies. They come together very quickly as long as you have your homemade Nutella pre-made. You can use any homemade Nutella recipe you like, just make sure it’s a thick nut butter consistency. Real Nutella is too thin to work in this recipe.
My husband proudly told me that these were the best cookies I have ever made! They were delicious especially with a glass of soy milk and also filling and nutritious (gluten-free, too). The whole batch was gone in one night I honestly regretted not making a double batch so you may want to do yourself a favour and double this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- ½ cup homemade Nutella (link for recipe in description above)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- ⅛ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients until they form a cookie dough. Make sure the Nutella incorporates into the mixture well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips if using
- Spoon out about 1 tablespoon amounts onto a lightly greased or lined baking tray. Flatten and shape into small cookie rounds with your fingers
- Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes
This recipe was republished with permission from Hazel & Cacao.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!