This creamy topping of artichokes, hearts of palm, and spices is reminiscent of a classic seafood mix. For even more flavor, top with a few drained capers or shredded fresh basil. Recipe by Beverly Burl, supermom extraordinaire.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Leaves from 1 large sprig thyme
- 1 (16-ounce) can no-added-sodium artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can no added-sodium hearts of palm, drained
- 1/4 cup Cashew Cream Cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon kelp granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- 1 whole-grain baguette, halved lengthwise
- Make the Roasted Cherry Tomatoes & Garlic and have them ready to go. Keep the oven heated to 375ºF.
- Put the artichoke hearts and hearts of palm in a food processor and pulse a few times, just until
- chunky. Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in the cashew cream cheese, onion, nutritional yeast, kelp, and Old Bay. (This mixture can also be used as a dip or a sandwich spread.)
- Fold in the shredded spinach and spread the artichoke mixture evenly over the cut side of each
- baguette half. Top with the roasted tomatoes and garlic.
- Bake until heated through and the baguette is a bit browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then use a serrated knife to cut into 1-inch-wide slices. Serve.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the tomatoes, cut-sides up, over the baking sheet and scatter the garlic cloves among them. Sprinkle everything with pepper and the thyme leaves.
- Roast until the tomatoes collapse and char a bit on the edges, about 20 minutes. Use immediately, or let cool and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Excerpted from the book THE WHOLE FOODS COOKBOOK by John Mackey, Alona Pulde, MD and Matthew Lederman, MD. Recipes by The Sarno Brothers of Wicked Healthy Copyright © 2018 by Whole Foods Market IP, LP and Transition to Health, Inc. Reprinted with permission of Grand Central Life & Style. All rights reserved.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!