Colorful and low-carb, this Asian sweet potato noodle recipe is bursting with goodness and flavors. Served in a peanut butter, sesame and lime satay dressing, this recipe makes a fabulous and filling alternative to a heavy carb pasta salad.
Some of the vegetables are steamed to preserve vitamins and nutrients while others are added raw for extra crunch.
Low-Carb Vegan Asian Sweet Potato Noodles with Satay Sauce
- 250 grams sweet potatoes [8.8 ounces]
- 100 grams snow peas [3.5 ounces]
- 135 grams baby corn [4.75 ounces]
- 1 red pepper
- 2 handfuls bean sprouts
- 2 handfuls thawed edamame beans
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- 3 spring onions
- 1/2 red chilli (to taste)
- handful of sesame seeds
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1-2 teaspoon soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger root
- salt & pepper
- To steam snow peas and baby corn, place them in steam microwave in the upper shelf position (Program #4). It should take 12 mins.
- In the meantime, cut sweet potato noodles using a spiraliser or julienne cutter.
- Place steamed snow peas and baby corn in a salad bowl.
- Steam sweet potato noodles in the upper shelf position of the microwave for 3-4mins (Program #4).
- Once done, place steamed sweet potato noodles in the salad bowl.
- Add sliced red pepper, followed by beansprouts and thawed edamame.
- Make dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients above together.
- Toss vegetables in salad dressing. Add chopped coriander, finely sliced spring onion and sesame seeds.
- Mix well. Serve with some sliced red chilli on top.
- This salad can be eaten warm or at room temperature.
This recipe was republished with permission from The Flexitarian.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!