Wrap it up!
These tortillas are so easy to make and a great way to cut out all those unwanted additives that are found in the store-bought variety. They’re also much yummier and extremely cost effective! Not only is it way cheaper to make these at home but you can cut out waste by making as many or as little as you like, just adjust the recipe to suit your needs.
You can make these sesame tortillas as they are or if you prefer plain ones then simply don’t include the sesame seeds in the recipe, easy! You can even swap the sesame seeds for poppy or sunflower seeds instead, the possibilities are endless!
In this recipe I have used plain white flour but you can use whole wheat if you prefer the taste and texture.
SESAME TORTILLA WRAPS
Makes 8 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time 10 minutes
- 250g plain flour (2 cups)
- 175ml water (3/4 cup)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt. Stir in the water and oil. Once mixed, transfer to a floured surface and knead for 1-2 minutes. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Divide into 8 portions and roll into balls. With a rolling-pin, flatten out the balls until they are thin and are about 15cm wide. You might want to dust the rolling-pin with flour to stop it sticking to the dough.
- Lightly coat a large frying pan with cooking spray or oil. Cook tortillas over a medium heat. They should start to develop air pockets when cooking the first side, when this happens you are ready to turn the tortilla over, they usually need about 2-3 minutes on each side.
You can add spices and different seeds to these tortillas, why not make custom tortillas that suit your taste!
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_social_media_follow _builder_version=”3.0.53″ saved_tabs=”all” link_shape=”circle” url_new_window=”on” follow_button=”on” background_layout=”light” global_module=”4820″] [et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”facebook” skype_action=”call” url=”https://www.facebook.com/livekindlyco/” bg_color=”#3b5998″]