Soup season is here and this easy-to-make, vegan, creamy potato quinoa corn chowder recipe will quickly become a regular in your soup rotation. Diced potatoes and quinoa give this tasty dairy-free soup a heartiness that will fill you up, while spices kick the flavor up to the next level. You can make this easy recipe in the slow cooker or on your stove, it’s totally up to you!
Some quick hacks you’ll love to keep this recipe as fast and easy as possible is using canned corn and creamer potatoes so you don’t have to do the dreaded and messy peeling. You can definitely use fresh corn if it’s in season but feel free to also make things easy on yourself!
If you want to be super fancy schmancy you can make a topping bar with toppings like vegan sour cream, veggie bacon bits, green onion, red onion and vegan cheese. Of course, the recipe is totally delicious on its own so you definitely don’t need to add toppings, but sometimes it’s fun to let people customize their food.
- 15 ounce can creamed corn
- 15 ounce can sweet yellow corn, with liquid
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 8 small creamer potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Place all of the ingredients into your crockpot and give it a quick stir.
- Let the soup cook in the crockpot on high for 6 hours and serve!
- Place all of the ingredients into a large stock pot and give it a quick stir.
- Cook on medium-low covered for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through. Checking periodically with a fork until they can be easily pierced.
This recipe was republished with permission from Vegan Guide to the Galaxy.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!