Most Caesar salads turn an otherwise healthy dish into junk food. Lettuce is drowned in are cream and cheese-based dressing that’s also loaded with anchovy paste. By contrast, this salad is so clean, so simple, and deliciously easy to make.
A base of romaine lettuce gets topped with a light vegan salad dressing that is creamy, insanely delicious, and smells divine! Made with cashews and lemon you’ll never know it’s not dairy-based/ For those of you struggling to find a good raw vegan salad dressing, you will no longer have that problem. Give this one a try!
Instead of croutons, this Caesar gets its crunchy topping from flax crackers for an extra omega boost.
- 1-2 heads romaine lettuce (use as much as you feel comfortable using)
- 1/2 - 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 - 1 cup raw cashews or pine nuts
- 1 heaping tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- juice of 1 lemon
- freshly ground and dehydrated dill and rosemary (or your preferred herb blend)
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil or lemon basil
- Rinse romaine lettuce and chiffonade it, then place into a mixing bowl. Use the mixing bowl first because we'll put it into a serving bowl after.
- Using a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix, add hemp seeds, cashews or pine nuts, nutritional yeast, garlic, water juice of lemon, herb blend, basil or lemon basil. Blend until smooth.
- After the dressing is blended, massage it into your salad. Ensure you get that dressing everywhere, this is supposed to be thick and creamy.
- Once you get that mixed into your mixing bowl, go ahead and pour it into your serving bowl.
- After that, feel free to sprinkle it with some fresh parsley, some purple cabbage, some extra hemp seeds, or even nutritional yeast.
- And as an extra bonus since most people are used to eating croutons with their Caesar salad, I'm adding in some dill-infused flax crackers.
- Voila! Ladies and gentleman, you have yourselves a fully raw Caesar salad!
This recipe was republished with permission from FullyRawKristina.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!