LaForce Baker is a sought-after vegan chef whose company Moon Meals produces tasty plant-based meal solutions. This Vegan Sticky Korean BBQ Stir-Fry incorporates sweet and savory flavors with a zesty kick to excite your taste buds. The recipe packs a ton of protein and veggies, and is great for meal prep because it can be made in large batches and eaten throughout the week.
Spicy Tofu and Meaty Mushroom Vegan Korean BBQ Stir-Fry
- 2 white potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4th white onion diced
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 3 cups pre-cooked brown rice
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ poblano pepper diced
- 2 cups broken up broccoli florets
- 1 carrot diced
- ½ cup white button mushrooms
- 1 pack of firm tofu drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ cup of slivered almonds
- Korean BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 table spoons of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine ingredients to make Korean bbq sauce into blender and blend until smooth.
- Put chopped potatoes and tofu in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of Korean bbq sauce and ¼ cup chopped cilantro.
- Massage mixture into potatoes and tofu vigorously for 5 minutes. Let stand for another 10 minutes.
- Sauté potato and tofu mixture for 10 minutes until browned on each side.
- Add in the rest of your pre-cut veggies. Then sauté with coconut oil, 1 cup of soy sauce and the remainder of your Korean BBQ mixture until veggies are tender yet firm.
- Spoon 1 cup of stir fry on you plate and top with a tablespoon of silvered almonds.
- Let your taste buds do backflips!
| Amount Per Serving|
| Calories|| 162|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 9.5 grams|| 14.6%|
| Saturated Fat || 0|
| Trans Fat |
| Cholesterol || 0|
| Sodium 329 milligrams|| 13.7%|
| Total Carbohydrate 11 grams|| 3.7%|
| Dietary Fiber || 0|
| Sugars 3.5 grams|
| Protein 12 grams|
| Vitamin A|| Vitamin C|
| Calcium|| Iron|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This recipe was republished with permission from Moon Meals.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member.