Pancakes are mine and and my boyfriend’s favourite breakfast, and once I went vegan, I tried a million different recipes. I tried making my own vegan buttermilk, I experimented with mashed banana and apple sauce and I tried every egg substitute known to mankind.Until a week ago, when I realised, the easiest way works best.
Super Simple Vegan Pancakes
Five ingredients | 15 minutes, 1 plate of Perfect Pancakes
INGREDIENTS (for 2):
- 1 1/2 Cup of Plant Milk (I like using Oat Milk)
- 1 1/2 Cup of Plain Flour
- 2 tsp. of Baking Powder
- 1 Splash of Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar (optional, you could easily use a natural sweetener or leave it out all together)
- Mix the plant milk and the vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar and baking powder and whisk together until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Either add a tiny bit of oil, or use a non stick pan if you want this recipe to be oil free.
- Add 1/3 cup of batter at a time and cook on the first side until large bubbles appear.
- Flip the pancake, and cook the second side for about a minute.
- Pile them up on a plate and garnish them with fresh fruit and maple syrup!