Let this vegan chocolate raspberry mousse melt all your troubles away. Decadent, rich white chocolate and tart yet sweet raspberries make this coconut milk rich dessert the stuff dreams are made of–and then some!
The Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Velvet Mousse Cake of Your Dreams
- 1/2 Cup 1/2 Cup pili nuts (soaked & dehydrated)
- 1/2 Cup 1/2 Cup dried coconut
- 30 Grams 30 Grams 70 % Dark Chocolate
- 200ml 200ml full fat coconut milk
- 60 Grams 60 Grams freeze-dried raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
- 2 Grams 2 Grams xanthan gum
- 30 Grams 30 Grams white chocolate
- 400 Grams 400 Grams pistachios
- 250 Grams 250 Grams white chocolate
- 100 Grams 100 Grams sweetener of choice
- 200 Grams 200 Grams cocoa butter
- 1 Tablespoon 1 Tablespoon natural food coloring
BISCUIT: Melt chocolate and set aside. In a food processor add almonds and coconut and blend. Add melted chocolate and pulse. On a silicone mat press down the mixture evenly and using a 6-inch ring cut the biscuit. Freeze.
RASPBERRY INSERT: In a saucepan add the coconut milk and tapioca starch and bring it to a boil. Pour over chocolate and emulsify. Cool it then add the raspberries and xanthan gum. Blend one more time. Pour the emulsion in a 6-inch mound. Thickness should be around 1 cm. Freeze.
MOUSSE: Melt chocolate. Using a high-speed blender combine all ingredients together (including chocolate) and blend until very smooth. Using an 8-inch mold, pour half of the mousse. Take the insert out of the freezer and place it in the mold. Pour the rest of the mousse over it, making sure the insert is fully covered. Place the frozen biscuit on the top. Freeze overnight.
VELVET: To decorate the cake with the beautiful velvet effect you need to melt both chocolate and cocoa butter and mix together. Add food coloring. Apply on the frozen cake using a spray gun.
This recipe was republished with permission from Milena Bozhkova. Read more about her work here.