This colourful and refreshing Grapefruit and Avocado Salad is served with a punchy Miso Ginger Dressing on the side. Bursting with goodness and flavours, I add some crunchy roasted pistachios and pumpkin seeds on top.
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- 1 small spring onion
- small handful of alfalfa (or other sprouting seeds)
- 25 grams pistachios [0.9 ounces]
- 25 grams pumpkin seeds [0.9 ounces]
- 1/4 red chilli (optional)
- small handful chopped coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 small garlic
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- Make dressing by mixing together all the dressing ingredients above. Adjust to taste. Set aside.
- Peel grapefruit. Separate segment. Carefully remove the white skin of each segment so that you are just left with the flesh.
- Dry roast pistachios and pumpkin seeds in a pan.
- Place watercress, grapefruit segment and diced avocado flesh.
- Scatter finely chopped spring onion and red chilli (if using) on top. Add alfalfa, chopped coriander leaves plus roasted pistachios and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve straight away with dressing on the side.
This recipe was republished with permission from The Flexitarian.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!