Who doesn’t LOVE a lazy Sunday? A long lie, hot coffee, cartoons, and an epic breaky is always on the cards for me! Especially because during the week, I am usually running around like a blue-arsed fly trying to get to work and play adult so my breakfast (if anything) is usually whatever I can grab in a hurry. Having more time at the weekend means that I can venture into my happy place and create a delicious spread that keeps my tummy and my inner child very, very happy!
One of my favourite creations is my Sunday morning pancake stack, dripping in maple syrup. Just thinking about them gets me excited for the weekend! Oh, and did I mention that they are SUPER simple to make?
You can serve this with coconut yogurt, more syrup, and berries if it suits you.
Now put your feet up, get the TV on, and enjoy your lazy Sunday like you should!
These vegan pancakes are perfect for Sunday mornings | image/She Blogs
- 2 cups of oats
- 1.5 cups of plant-based milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for greasing
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until it becomes a relatively thick mix (it should slowly fall off a spoon!). Leave the mix to sit for 5 – 10 minutes so it sets. This is a crucial step!
- Lightly grease a pan and place on a medium heat.
- Using a ladle, add a ladle size amount of the mix in to the pan and spread into a circle using the back of a spoon, place a small hand full of blueberries on top and cover with a little more mix.
- Once the pancake starts bubbling all over, flip and cook on the other side. Continue process until all of the mix is finished.
- Serve with toppings of your choice!
Need more pancake inspiration? If you’re a chocolate lover through and through, these vegan chocolate chip pancakes are calling. They include zucchini, because why not? Top them with almond butter, maple syrup, frozen berries, or pitted medjool dates – and enjoy.
For more veggies in your pancakes, try these “heavenly” American-style pancakes that are sweet, thick, moist, and feature pumpkin.
These fruitcake pancakes are served with dried fruits and nuts and are ideal for feeding a hungry crowd at breakfast.
Power through the day with this Kickstarter Protein Porridge. Think rolled oats, blueberries, chia seeds, and apricots. It may be your new go-to!
For something savory, this big vegan tofu scramble will take your breakfast game to the next level. The scramble includes onion, red pepper, corn, and kale as well as turmeric, cumin, and paprika. Plus, it’s served alongside avocado and pineapple salsa that features strawberries, onion, and jalapeños. Stop drooling and get cooking.
This recipe was republished with permission from She Blogs.