These cranberry orange cinnamon rolls are delicious, super easy, and only take 30 minutes to make, so you can worry less about baking and more about sleeping in! Instead of creating the dough from scratch, this recipe uses refrigerated pizza dough, which surprisingly is the perfect stand-in for homemade as well as a huge time saver. The combination of sweet cranberry filling and a fragrant sticky sweet orange glaze makes these cinnamon rolls smell and taste amazing.
This recipe is perfect to make as a holiday breakfast for occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas, or just on the weekend if you want a special treat. The smell of cranberries and orange sweet rolls baking is a great way to wake everyone up in the morning. If you love cranberries and orange you definitely have to try this quick and easy recipe out.
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust (I used Pillsbury, it's vegan!)
- 1 12 ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Zest of half an orange
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stretch the pizza dough or use a rolling pin to make a 10 x 15 inch rectangle.
- Spread a thin layer of cranberry sauce evenly across the pizza dough then sprinkle the brown sugar across the top.
- Roll the dough into a log starting with one of the short sides.
- Cut the roll into 1" thick pieces and place into baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine the powdered sugar and softened butter.
- Add the vanilla extract and orange juice, stirring until you have a thin frosting consistency.
- Drizzle over the warm cinnamon rolls and serve.
This recipe was republished with permission from Vegan Guide to the Galaxy.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!