For those days when you want a quick and easy breakfast… Haha on the real though, I had the crepes and chocolate cookie dough nice cream premade and ready to go! I’m working on a crepe recipe for you guys that involves… hidden zucchini! I still need one more test before I’m ready to post it but for now enjoy this healthy chocolate cookie dough nice cream recipe. You’ll never be able to guess the cookie dough base! (Not meant for baking).
Vegan Crepes With Chickpea Cookie Dough and Chocolate Nice Cream
Chocolate nice cream:
- 4-5 frozen bananas
- 2-3 tablespoon cacao powder
- Dash of plant milk to blend
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup smooth almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Start by blending the cookie dough ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a high-powered blender or food processor until smooth. Add a little bit of water if necessary to promote smooth blending. Careful not to overheat the blender.
- Remove from the blender and stir in the chocolate chips and set aside (no need to clean the blender).
- Next, blend the frozen bananas and cacao powder with just a dash of plant milk until smooth.
- Layer the chocolate nice cream and chunks of cookie dough in a bread-baking pan and freeze covered, overnight or for at least two hours.
This recipe was republished with permission from Joys of Jade.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!