A Halloween treat that pleases everyone is easier than you think! For vegans and those with dietary restrictions, looking out for frightening ingredients can sometimes add caution to events that should be full of fun! Luckily, for those who want to join in on the sweet, celebratory fun of Halloween treats, Follow Your Heart, in partnership with chef ambassadors Spork Foods, have created a spooky Candy Corn Cookie recipe that is sure to haunt, not harm!
Spork Food’s Candy Corn Cookies can be prepared within 30 minutes and will be gone in 30 seconds. Create different faces on each Candy Corn Cookie using sprinkles, vegan chocolate frosting or black icing that can be used as a decoration and dessert.
Vegan Halloween Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
- 2 level tablespoons Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, plus ½ cup ice-cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon natural orange dye
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic all-purpose flour, plus for rolling dough
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, softened
- 2-4 teaspoons soymilk creamer
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash sea salt
- Dash natural yellow dye
- Black gel icing pen (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together VeganEgg and ice-cold water until slightly thick, about 1 minute. Add orange dye and whisk. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a pastry whisk by hand, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add prepared VeganEgg and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, sea salt, baking powder. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix until uniform. Do not over mix.
- Divide dough into 2 discs and wrap each disc in wax paper. Refrigerate for a half hour.
- Roll dough on floured board to an even ¼ inch thickness. Cut out 3-inch triangles with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden around edges. Cool completely.
- For the icing, add butter, creamer, powdered sugar, vanilla, and sea salt to bowl and whisk until smooth. Remove half of icing and place in separate bowl. Add a few drops of yellow dye in one bowl and whisk.
- To frost cookies, dip top third of cookie in white icing. Dip lower third in yellow icing, leaving center exposed. Add eyes and mouth with black icing pen, if desired. Let icing set completely before serving.
This recipe is published with permission from on behalf of Follow Your Heart.
Image Credit: © Spork Foods, 2018
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!