Ready for a tasty refreshing vegan dessert? Try out this recipe today, vegan chocolate bites.
Before you run away at the 10 hour preparation time, understand that, for the most part, it’s the soaking of the cashews. You can just prepare to soak them the night before.
This would make a great dessert for a party or special occasion and it’s simple to follow.
Who doesn’t like simple to follow instructions? Of course, that’s why I provided this video below.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) raw cashews
- 8 pieces pitted dates, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon soy milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vegan dark chocolate chips
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water overnight.
- Drain the cashews and put in a food processor together with the dates, coconut oil, soy milk, and peppermint extract. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into a praline mold. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Unmold the frozen cashew mixture and dip it into the melted chocolate. Coat evenly and allow excess chocolate to drip. Return to freezer for a few minutes until chocolate is completely set.
- Serve chilled.
Not a sweets fan? No problem. We’ve rounded up the top nine vegan cheese recipes for your dairy-free Christmas cheeseboard. Cheese is always a hit at parties and thanks to vegan cheese recipes, those with allergies and other dietary requirements can happily partake in the cheese offerings during the holiday entertaining season.
For something liquid, try seven booze-free vegan drinks for seasonal sipping. No one likes to miss out on the fun and festive feeling you get from a holiday drink or three. Turn to the alcohol-free drinks, such as a Not Hot Toddy, to make everyone feel included and welcomed this season.
This recipe was republished with permission from My Vegan Dreams.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!