Bounce has launched five new protein snacks which are completely plant based, as part of a their new vegan range. Recognising the continued demand for vegan products they have released two protein balls which they claim are a healthy, nutritious and ethical snack and the other three will be on our shelves soon.
Bounce Nutritionist Susie Burrell, who has almost 20 years of experience, says,
“The winning combo of pea and brown rice proteins replicates the amino acid chain of whey protein. That means, by skipping the whey, there’s no missing out on essential amino acids that the body doesn’t produce naturally. As always, Bounce has ensured the range is nutritionally balanced for sustained energy to power through the day.”
They following benefits of Bounce’s new plant protein energy balls as cited by the brand are:
- Rich in protein with 22-23% protein per ball
- Contains essential amino acids
- Lactose and gluten free
- GMO free
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Cold pressed to maintain ingredient integrity for optimum nutrition
The new flavours launched in the vegan range include:
- Almond Kale: Kale is one of the trendiest super foods on the planet so no surprises they opted for this. You get 8.8g of plant protein from this variety.
- Cashew Peanut: Cashews and peanuts are nutritious, and pack vitamins B and E as well as manganese. This snack contains 9.2g of plant protein.
- Almond Spirulina: Not tried this but we’re sure they’ve managed to make spirulina taste good, this has 9.2g of plant protein.
- Beetroot Cashew: Australians do love beetroot so let’s see how it fairs in a protein ball. Packs 8.8g of protein.
- Coconut Cumin: This could be a tasty savoury combo and contains 9.2g of plant protein.
The Bounce Plant Protein balls are available internationally however their vegan range is currently exclusive to Coles in Australia. Don’t worry though, rest-of-the-world! You could always make your own.
Image Credits: Bounce