Amongst various new social media apps aimed at vegetarians and vegans, there is Veg. A tinder-style dating app, including many of Tinder’s popular features, which is ‘the secret way to get down with people nearby!’ but made for vegetarians and vegans looking for fellow veggies.
Swiping right (if you like potential match) or swiping left (if you don’t like potential match) is now cruelty-free! This mobile-phone app is free to download, has 100,000’s of users and also has features such as photo-sharing, for sending pictures of your pussy-cats, messaging, recipe-sharing capabilities and options to report or block nuisance and offensive users.
According to PRUnderground, ‘Only 2% of Americans are vegetarian. A mere 0.5% of the U.S. population identifies as totally animal-free. And while many vegetarians and vegans engage in “mixed” relationships — that is, relationships with omnivores — it is often a struggle to do so.’ To make lives a little more loving, this app aims to connect vegetarians and vegans aged 18 and above with like-minded people from across the globe and make it easier to find love and hopefully lead a happier life.
However, this app isn’t new. The app originally launched on the Apple Store, but was removed by Apple without warning for ‘4.3 design spam’ – meaning that this app was too similar to other existing apps, despite many vegans rejoicing over the unique edge it brings to the marketplace.
Thankfully for lonely vegans, Veg is back, available for download on the app store and is better, and more pleasurable than ever! Simply register an email and then the start sliding into the DM’s of potential matches. After two simple steps, you are on your way to your next twosome…
What features does the new, updated Veg app include?
- A Search Tool: Users can enter keywords and search for single vegans according to categories such as their gender, age, likes or interests.
- ‘Spark’ Feature: Users can either swipe right to say yes to a potential match or swipe left to decline potential match, if both users swipe right, a match is made and the chatting can commence. What happens after a chat in Veg stays in Veg…
- Instant Messaging and Group Chats: Allowing users to either slide into the direct inbox of a match or join a group of plant-eaters.
- Report and Block Function: Users have the option to report or block other users to maintain privacy and get rid of nuisance or negative users from their Veg life.
- ‘Cool Connection’: Users can use this function to see which users have given their profile a cheeky stalk, winked at them or liked their profile, adding a new dimension of online connection.
- ‘Moments’: Users can share pics and moments from aspects of vegan life with like-minded people and have unrestricted access to viewing the profiles of other singles on Veg. This is super helpful for relationships, friendships and for users to learn new recipes, share lifestyle/transition advice or get the low-down on vegan-friendly eateries!
Furthermore, Veg’s customer service is available 24/7, making the app’s user satisfaction and ease of usability even smoother than your pick-up lines. Maybe that’s why Veg claims to be the ‘best dating app for vegetarians across the globe’, with no download charge, why don’t you give it a go and see where your swiping and DM sliding may lead?