On the prowl for *the* perfect breakfast to serve on Christmas morning? Look no further than this vegan tofu scramble with home fries and meatless brats by plant-based meat brand Like Meat.
Christmas Morning Spread with Vegan Brats
Serving size: 3 to 4
6 LIKE MEAT Sausages
2 pounds yukon gold potatoes, cut into ½ inch pieces
3 TBSP olive oil
½ onion, chopped
2 TBSP garlic granules
¼ cup chopped parsley
Tofu Scramble Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 16-ounce blocks of firm tofu
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons cashew milk
Chives And parsley for garnish
Home fries Instructions:
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add the potatoes and cook until just tender for about 7 minutes. Drain and dry
- Heat the oil in a skillet
- Add the onion and saute 5 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, garlic granules and salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stir and cook for another 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
Tofu Scramble Instructions:
- Using your hands, break up both blocks of tofu into crumbles (medium bite sized pieces) into a large mixing bowl.
- Bring a large non-stick pan to medium heat with olive oil. Add crumbled tofu into the pan followed by turmeric, nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the water from the tofu is mostly gone.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of cashew milk and stir. Cook 3-4 more minutes.
- Garnish with minced chives and salt and pepper to taste.
For LIKE MEAT Sausage:
- Heat up a cast iron pan to medium-high heat.
- Cook LIKE MEAT sausage according to package instructions.
Other optional items:
Oranges, grapefruit, pomegranate
Orange juice and seltzer water